OUR VISITATION POLICY
We recognize that family members and other loved ones can form an invaluable support system that is important to the treatment process. That’s why we allow visitation at appropriate times, in keeping with the program’s schedule. Patients at Bournewood also have the right to refuse visitors if they choose.
- All units have preferred visitor schedules, however accommodations can be made outside of those schedules.
- Children under 16 who wish to visit must be accompanied by an adult.
- Families planning to bring young children must call the unit in advance so staff can make the appropriate accommodations, if possible.
- Visits by members of the clergy, attorneys, and legal advocates can take place anytime upon a patient’s approval.
- We remind those planning to make a visit to Bournewood that any packages or bags that are given to patients will first be searched by staff as required by our protocols for safety.
- Some items are not allowed on the units and are listed in the Patient & Family Guide, available to download here.
- Federal and state privacy laws prohibit Bournewood staff from confirming a person’s presence or stay at our hospital.